The folks over at Techie Buzz have released what may end up being the Plugin of the Year! If you have ever tried upgrading your WordPress installation only to find that something went wrong (posts missing, comments blank, plugins freaking out… I have had them all…), then you know how much trouble it can be. This new plugin automates the process and makes upgrading almost a pleasure! …Almost… This fantastic new snippet of code has been dubbed the Wordpress Automatic Upgrade Plugin, or WAUP (download at bottom of post).
How Does It Work?
So, now let’s get on to the inner workings; how it actually makes upgrading WordPress a breeze. Here are the features as they are listed at the Techie Buzz site:
- Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
- Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
- Downloads the latest files from http://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
- Puts the site in maintenance mode.
- De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
- Upgrades WordPress files.
- Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
- Re-activates the plugins.
What is Wordpress Automatic Upgrade?
Wordpress Automatic Upgrade is a plugin that automatically upgrades your wordpress version to the latest files provided by wordpress.org.
Why use this plugin?
Wordpress releases regular updates and security fixes to the software and after sometime makes it mandatory. Every time you have to manually upgrade your WordPress installation. This plugin helps you to upgrade your installation without any efforts. We also ensure you will always download the latest version.
Which version of the wordpress does it upgrade to?
It upgrades to the latest version that wordpress has made available for download.
For more questions and info, check out the plugin’s page.
Make sure you download the latest version of the plugin.